Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In which Bramble Arrives

As always with a title like that it means that I have a new pet. This time it is a new mouse. I have wanted another mouse since Mawson died at the end of second year but have had to wait until now.

Unfortunately one of my budgies (Andre) died a few weeks ago and Madison (the other budgie) was too upset to be left in a cage by himself that I put him in the aviary with the feral budgies and the cockatiel. He is much happier but still refuses to fly even though he has had his wing feathers for nearly a year. So anyway with Maddie moving outside there was an opening in the small-animals-that-are-allowed-to-live-in-my-room department. I went into the petshop at TTP on the weekend and saw they had baby rats and two baby mice. And so I got Bramble.

Bramble or Bramble "Ouch" Bum as he is affectionately called; is a little black mouse with a smoky grey belly (kind of like a topdeck chocolate upside down). He is a little bit shy at the moment and will only move if I pick him up. If Mum or Haydee try picking him up he simply sits on their hands and shivers. He is really cute and I will have to get some photos soon to put up for you to see him.

Other news: I should have my new car sometime next week and today my MP3 player died.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Bramble is a cute name.